Saturday 28 May 2011

Welcome

The aim of my new blog is to write not only about the plants and gardens I love but also to share my interest in art and history.


Finding an appropiate title for this site was hard as it had to honestly reflect my interests. After much thought I chose a name inspired by an art work created by my mother, Joan Glass in the early 1950s. The mixed-media image, titled The Reflected Gardener depicts the distorted image of a gardener seen on a glass table. The colours are very fifties and show the influence of Picasso on my mother's art at the time. I hope you like the image as much as I do.

Anyway enough of the preamble, lets get on with some postings. I wish you a warm welcome and look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...